Just as having sex regularly can enhance your health and vitality
As most people already know an unhealthy lifestyle can negatively impact your sex life. Being overweight or obese can lead to impaired reproductive function in men and women. It can increase estrogen in women, decrease testosterone and increase estrogen in men. It significantly increases the likelihood of experiences erectile dysfunction. So the number one thing that you can do to boost your sex life is lose weight! In addition to improving all aspects of your health and vitality, you can apply the Sevens Steps of Ultimate Vitality to improve your sex life
- Clarity. Be clear with yourself and your partner about what you want and want you expect. Where are you? What would you like to change? How are you going to get there?
- Leverage. Establish your why. What do you want to change about your sex life and why? What will be the cost if you don’t change? What can you do to create an environment that will support this change you desire?
- Power Personality. Who do you want to be in the bedroom? Imagine it create it and be it.
- Exercise regularly, at least 30 minute per day. Sexual arousal depends on good blood flow and what better way to enhance blood flow than to exercise. Plus when you are in good shape everything requiring physical effort is easier.
- Eat a healthy diet based on fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can lead to constriction of blood flow which interferes with sexual function and it can alter hormone levels which can decrease libido.
- Avoid excessive alcohol as it can lead to sexual dysfunction.
- Establish a quiet uninterrupted time and place for sexual activity.
- Practice stress management through meditation, breathing exercise, yoga or whatever works for you. Chronic stress can decrease libido and lead to sexual dysfunction.
- Get plenty of sleep to improve overall health, decrease stress, and improve overall libido and sexual function.
- Drink plenty of water
- Having sex is part of being human and part of connecting with another human being. Having a healthy spiritual life is part of this connection and the two therefore support each other.
5. Rituals. Your daily rituals create your habits, whether good or bad, which create your life. It is hard to argue that a healthy fulfilling sex life is a great and fun habit to establish.
6. Sustainable. Just make sure that want you want is realistic to achieve and to maintain. The easiest way to assure this is to make it fun. Set up your life and your environment to achieve the goals you want including a fulfilling sex life.
7. Investment. If you invest all your time, effort and energy to being the person you want to be your sex life can’t help but be exactly what you desire.