To give you that radiant look once again, we’re here with a list of essential oils for dark circles.
When the eyes and the skin around them look amazing, the whole face looks stunning. The skin around the eyes is the most delicate part of the body. It is very thin and soft. Many people have dark circles and colors around the eyes which make them look older. The loose skin there can also make the face look tired. There are some homemade masks that you can make using essential oils to make your eyes look fresh.
- Geranium oil the product of the flowers of this plant. The oil has lots of benefits for beauty. Geranium oil reduces puffy eyes by minimizing water retention. It has anti-aging properties that reduce wrinkles under eyes.
- To use, mix 2 drops of geranium essential oil in 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply it to the skin under the eyes.
- This recipe reduces swelling and puffiness by relieving water retention. The skin becomes smoother. Geranium oil can also be used with a base oil instead of aloe vera gel.
- Fennel oil is extracted from the seeds of the fennel plant. It is popularly used in soaps, creams and beauty products.
- Mix a drop of fennel oil in 1/2 teaspoon of witch hazel or a base oil. Apply the mixture to the skin below the eyes first thing in the morning.
- Fennel essential oil is good for smoothing out wrinkles and refreshing mature skin. It tones and tightens sagging skin.
- Lavender oil is famous for its calming properties. A good amount of it will help you get better sleep and restore the organism overnight.
- Using a good-quality lavender oil, put a drop of it in 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil. Massage under your eyes to keep the skin under the eyes free of puffiness and wrinkles.
- Lavender oil can be diluted in any other carrier oil of choice. For pregnant and nursing women, consult a health professional before using lavender essential oil.
- Chamomile has an anti-inflammatory effect to help reduce swelling. Some people use chamomile tea bags over their eyes while laying down. If you don’t have that time you can use chamomile essential oil instead.
- Use a 10 ml bottle with a carrier oil and add one or two drops of chamomile essential oil. Shake the mixture and apply under each eye before going to bed.This procedure is done every night for permanent effect.
- Chamomile essential oil combines really well with jasmine carrier oil. It constricts veins reducing pressure under eyes and soothing the skin.
- Cypress essential oil is obtained from the needle-bearing coniferous cypress tree. It has a masculine, fragrant aroma that promotes good mood throughout the year.
- A drop of cypress oil is combined with 1/2 teaspoon of shea butter. The two go really well together. Use this mixture to apply to eye bags.
- Cypress has vein-constricting qualities that reduce the swelling of small capillaries under the skin. It shrinks sagging skin making the skin taut by removing excess fluid from under it.
- Rosemary is an aromatic shrub that is green throughout the year. It has an amazing smell and people use it for cosmetic and culinary purposes.
- When drinking tea, leave the tea bags to cool down. Soak a piece of cotton with the tea inside and then add a drop of rosemary essential oil. Apply the cotton ball under your eyes to tighten the skin and reduce swelling.
- Rosemary contains ceffeic and rosemarinic acids which are strong anti-inflammatory compounds. It has a diuretic property thus reducing water retention.
- Rosehip is a red fruit that grows in the wintertime. It is very strong astringent that reduces excessive fluids.
- Add a drop of rosehip seed oil to 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Gently massage the mixture around your eyes. Allow it to dry and you can sleep with it overnight.
- Rosehip increases the creation of new skin cells. It contains high amounts of vitamin E, C, D, and B-carotene. It is rich in fatty acids that are vital to tissue regeneration.
8. Clove, Frankincense, and Lemon
- Clove, frankincense, and lemon are three essential oils for dark circles that you can use together. With their combined power, they stimulate blood circulation, minimize puffiness, nourish skin, boost collagen levels, and reduce inflammation.
- To make an eye serum for dark circles, mix 2 drops of clove, 7 drops of frankincense, 7 drops of lemon, and vitamin E oil. Mix the essential oils and apply a small amount of it around each eye.
- Use the oil only when you are not going under the strong sunlight as lemon oil is photo-sensitive. Clove oil can give a slight burning sensation, so use this mixture sparingly. Apply this mixture only under the eyes and not around them. Before applying it to the delicate skin under the eyes, do a small patch test on another part of your body to see if you get an allergic reaction to it.
Tips for Avoiding Dark Circles
There are a few basic things you can do to avoid getting to the point of needing to use an essential oil remedy.
Firstly, make sure you’re getting enough sleep. But sleep is not the whole solution! You may also want to consider starting to sleep on your back, as well as making sure your pillow is clean as to avoid any allergies you may contract from dust and other things that can make a home in your pillow.
More Water, Less Salt
Salt causes your body to get puffy; water helps it not to retain water, which is the cause of puffiness. Avoid excessive salt.
Your dark circles could have something to d with hyperpigmentation. A great way to avoid the sun impacting you more is by using sunscreen for your face daily. Sun damage is no joke, even for under eyes.
Essential oils contain the most important ingredients of the plant. They contain all the amino acids and fatty acids that are in the plant. The vitamins from the plant also suffer no alteration in the distillation process for obtaining the essential oil. When you dilute it with a carrier oil, the potency of the essential oil will be just the right amount to give you perfect skin without puffiness and sagging.