Detox drinks recently took the health and fitness world by storm, and for a good reason. The idea that you can flush all of the harmful toxins out of your body with a simple diet drink seems like an attractive prospect. But how much actual truth is there behind these drinks?
Are they healthy? Are there any risks? Can they actually remove harmful things from your system? The answers to these questions are a little complicated, but we believe we can answer them by looking at one of the popular products.
In this article, we provide you with a SkinnyFit Detox review — one of the top selling products on the market right now. We also compare the brand with some other favorite detox drinks and give you some info on what you should expect from detox products. So let us get started.
What Is SkinnyFit Detox?
Before we being our SkinnyFit Detox review we should learn a little about the product. SkinnyFit Detox is a diet drink made from a variety of teas and other superfood ingredients. The company claims that its beverage will reduce bloating, increase your metabolism and release toxins from your system.
In addition to a detox drink, the tea beverage also helps maintain a healthy digestive system by relieving nausea and gas pains. The drink brand cites the antioxidants found in the ingredients as the source of detoxifying power.
And while it is true that antioxidants can help repair cell damage, the term detox can be a little misleading. Everything that enters your body is technically a toxin. Luckily our bodies remain exceptionally efficient at removing them without any help.
So, a lot of the times detox drinks can do more harm than good. Still, if you use them in combination with a healthy diet and workout schedule, then they can help support critical systems within your body.
SkinnyFit Detox Product Specifications
- CLEANSE AND REDUCE BLOATING. SkinnyFit is a detox tea that works to reduce stomach bloating, flush out toxins, and aid your digestion to help with flattening the tummy!
- FEEL GREAT EVERY DAY. Our special blend of all natural ingredients helps increase energy levels without a crash!
- HEALTH THAT SHOWS. Cleansing your colon not only helps digestion but also promotes clear, glowing skin, and reduces acne and inflammation.
- ONLY THE BEST INGREDIENTS. SkinnyFit contains 13 superfoods like, Matcha, Oolong, Sencha, and Milk Thistle, as well as natural herbs and berries.
- Our herbal tea has no artificial flavors or sweeteners, is non-GMO, 100% natural and laxative-free.
- OUR SKINNYFIT PROMISE. Order with confidence! If for any reason you don’t think SkinnyFit is for you, let us know and we will make it right for you!
Now that we know some of the basics behind SkinnyFit Detox and their product let us take a closer look at the product itself. Specifically, the ingredients it uses in the tea drink. SkinnyFit prides itself on using fourteen all natural ingredients in their glass. The ingredients used in the detox beverage include:
- Sencha Green Tea
- Matcha Green Tea
- Oolong Tea
- Dandelion Leaf
- Ginseng Leaf
- Milk Thistle
- Yerba Mate
- Nettle Leaf
- Goji Berries
- Citric Acid
- Peach Powder
- All Natural Stevia Leaf
As you can see, the product mainly includes tea leaves, herbs or naturally derived fruit flavors. Many of the herbs listed here come with diuretic properties, meaning they increase the passage of urine. While this might sound like a detox, you should be a little wary of it.
These types of the herb can decrease a person’s water weight — but this only provides temporary weight loss. They can also be dangerous if the person taking it does not stay appropriately hydrated since the body retains little water. Make sure you do not have a medical condition that makes these herbs dangerous.
Still, many teas and herbs included in the product also come with potent anti-inflammatory properties, which means you will get certain health benefits not directly related to weight loss. The drink also contains some caffeine from the two teas. Each serving has roughly twenty mg of caffeine.
If you follow strict dietary restriction, then do not worry. The tea drink is vegan and contains no traces of gluten, dairy, soy product. It is also non-GMO, so you do not need to worry about any potentially strange hormones. AS we mentioned, the drink does come with caffeine, but only around one fifth the amount in a cup of coffee.
- Number of ingredients — Fourteen
- Vegan? — Yes
- Gluten-free? — Yes
- Dairy free? — Yes
- Soy-free? — Yes
- Does it use GMO? — No
- Caffeine? — Yes
How Much Does SkinnyFit Detox Cost?
One bag, which contains twenty-eight servings of SkinnyFit Detox tea, costs around seventy dollars. This price translates out to roughly two in half dollars per serving. Alternatively, you can subscribe to a monthly service which reduces the amount down to sixty dollars a month.
How Does SkinnyFit Compare With Other Weight Loss Brands?
In this section, we compare SkinnyFit Detox tea with two other popular detox weight loss products. Specifically, we look at Zero Tea 14 Day Detox Tea and Yogi Tea – DeTox – Healthy Cleansing Formula.
We make this comparison so that we can better understand some of the strengths and weakness associated with SkinnyFit Detox. It also gives buyers some more affordable option if they cannot afford the high price of SkinnyFit.
- ZeroTea helps the body by charging the metabolism - promoting proper digestion, and aiding in the optimization of the digestive tract.
- Detox cleanse and metabolism booster - Our 14 and 28 day detox aids your body in cleansing and purifying itself of toxins and waste; boosts your metabolism and energy level, helps get rid of excess water, and reduces stress while still tasting great.
- A better way to cleanse - Our blend doesn’t include the natural laxative Senna Leaf.
- Reduce bloating - Zerotea aids in your body's digestion, helping to relieve excessive bloating by feeding the good bacteria in your gut so that they can do there job properly.
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients - Sluggish bowels are often due to an overgrowth of bacteria or Candida albicans that produce toxic metabolites slowing down processing through the colon.
Ease of Use
Like the other two products, Zero Tea is easy to make. It comes in tea bags, and you can brew a cup quickly in under five minutes. Still, it would be nice if it came with a free leaf option. That way you could incorporate it into foods or other recipes.
Quality of Results
If you want something similar to the compounding effect of multiple natural ingredients, then Zero Tea serves as a good substitute. Instead of fourteen ingredients though, it includes cinnamon, cornflower, orange peel, red peppercorn, cloves, nutmeg, and organic rooibos.
While it might not come with the multisystem functionality of SkinnyFit Detox, we believe it still packs a pretty good punch. Plus, it is much more affordable than SkinnyFit, which should appeal to some customers.
- FLAVOR: Yogi DeTox tea combines "trikatu," a traditional Ayurvedic spice blend of Ginger, Black Pepper and Long Pepper, with warming Ginger, Cinnamon and Cardamom.
- BENEFITS: Time-honored cleansing herbs, including Dandelion and Burdock, combine with Ayurvedic warming spices to help support healthy cleansing.
- ORGANIC: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- CONTENTS: Caffeine free, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten free, No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners and individually packaged with compostable bags.
- BREWING SUGGESTIONS: To get the most out of every cup, bring water to boiling and steep 7 minutes. For a stronger tea, use 2 tea bags.
Ease of Use
Like the other two products, Yogi Tea is easy to make. It comes in tea bags, and you can brew a cup quickly in under five minutes. Still, it would be nice if it came with a free leaf option. That way you could incorporate it into foods or other recipes.
Quality of Results
If you want a reliable and affordable diuretic tea, then look no further than this brand. All the ingredients in this tea help combat constipation and another stomach related or bladder related issues. As such, we recommend these medical purposes and not for weight loss purposes.
Pros and Cons of SkinnyFit Detox
The drink does come with some strong points. All the ingredients taste excellent and provide a lot of health benefits in the form of antioxidants and other vitamins.
The company also uses all natural ingredients, which helps explain the high price. Also, we did find that in many cases the tea drink did help reduce instances of bloating.
In our opinion, the product also comes with some massive red flags. First and foremost the price for the product is pretty staggering for a tea drinker. On top of that, very few people reported an actual weight loss while using the product.
Customer service probably deals with a lot of angry customers, but many people reported that they ignore them.
Our Final Rating: SkinnyFit Detox Verdict
Overall we think SkinnyFit Detox is a great healthy drink. However, we do believe that the label “detox” is a little misleading. While the ingredients used in the product will help support a healthy immune system and make you feel good, most weight loss on the product will likely only come from water weight.
So, while you might experience and a slight drop in poundage, it will probably still come back. Nevertheless, if you use the drink in combination with a healthy diet and regular workouts, then we believe you can lose serious weight with the product. But, do not expect a magical weight loss beverage.
We also do not agree with the incredibly high price. Even if tea spends a lot of its price tag on all natural ingredients, it still does not justify two fifty per beverage. The company does not need to include all of them, just like you can choose to buy a different brand.
Since the product is not entirely accurate to its name, we give it a score of three stars out of five stars. We hope this SkinnyFit Detox review helped you decide whether or not the brand fits your wants and lifestyle. Good luck on your future weight loss journey!